|9U-5132||Engine Timing Tool Group||1|
|8S-3675||Indicator Contact Point||1|
|443-4177||Magnetic Fixture Gp||1|
Note: Calibration of the engine speed/timing sensor is not required unless the timing wheel has been removed from the camshaft or the Electronic Control Module (ECM) has been changed.
This adjustment is critical. Ensure that the adjustment of the fuel injector is made properly.
- Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Crankshaft Position for Fuel Injector Adjustment and Valve Lash Setting”. All the injectors can be checked or adjusted with the two crankshaft positions in the chart. This action will make sure that the push rod lifters are off the lobes and on the base circles of the camshaft. Before a check or an adjustment can be made, the tooling must be set to the correct dimension.
- Place rod (2) in fixture (1) in hole opposite open end. Install contact point (5) on digital indicator (4). Install digital indicator (4) in hole opposite open end of fixture (1). Screw in nylon screw (keep loose)
- Make sure that the surfaces of the fixture (1) and gauge (3) are clean and dry.
- Place digital indicator assembly from Step 2 on the top surface of gauge (3). Rod (2) must be on the top step of gauge (3). Note: Gauge (3) has two steps. Make sure that the step designation is for the 64.34 mm (2.53 inch) dimension.
- Loosen the nylon screw for the digital indicator (4). Move the digital indicator (4) in fixture until digital indicator rests on lip inside fixture. Tighten the nylon screw for the digital indicator (4). Once set onto fixture, zero gauge
- Make sure that the top surfaces of injector follower (6) and shoulder (7) are clean and dry
- Place digital indicator (4) and fixture (1) in position on the injector that will be checked. Make sure that the magnetic base of the fixture is on the top surface of injector follower (6). Rod (2) must be on the top surface of shoulder (7).
- The digital indicator must indicate 0.00 ± 0.20 mm (0.000 ± 0.008 inch).
- If the digital indicator indicates 0.00 ± 0.20 mm (0.000 ± 0.008 inch), no adjustment is necessary. Proceed to the next injector to be checked. Repeat the procedure from Step 4. If the digital indicator does not indicate 0.00 ± 0.20 mm (0.000 ± 0.008 inch), proceed to Step 10 and Step 11.
- Loosen the adjustment screw lock nut for the injector that is being.
- Turn the adjustment screw until the digital dial indicator indicates 0.00 ± 0.20 mm (0.000 ± 0.008 inch). Tighten the adjustment screw locknut to the torque that is listed in the engines Specifications manual. Then check the adjustment to be certain that the adjustment has not changed. If necessary, repeat this procedure until the adjustment is correct. When the adjustment is correct, proceed to the next injector to be checked. Repeat the procedure from Step 3.
- After all injectors are checked and/or adjusted, remove the timing bolt from the