Always use proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when do our job.
Give attention to care in the use of hand tools. Hand tools can cause incidents when an incorrect, improvised or defective tool is used. Also, when the correct tool is used carelessly, or not put away safely, injury may result.
- Make sure you select the proper type and size of tool for the job.
- Check the condition of any tools before use it.
- Do not use tools that are worn out or damaged.
- Maintain tools in good condition and remember that cutting tools need to sharp to be safe.
- Make sure you use each tool in the correct manner.
- Replace tools on shadow boards or in their correct place when you are not using them.
- Do not use hammer to assist the turning movement of a spanner.
- Do not extend spanners with a length of piping or other means to increase leverage.
- Do not strike a hardened surface (ball race, etc.) with a hammer, as one or both surfaces may chip and fly.
- Do not use spanners or any tools that coated with grease or oil.
- Do not carry screwdrivers, chisels or pointed tools in the pockets of overalls, etc. They are dangerous in the event of the fall.
- Do not use spanner as a hammer.
Learn to use all the hand tools a correct and safe method for each tool is described in section two and three.